Tuesday 10 April 2018

April 2018 Update

A Long time since I last posted, but a lot of progress has been made, despite many health problems during 2017.

Bouncing back now though (many thanks to the NHS!), so thought I'd simply share some photos of what I've been up to during my healthy times since the last post, bringing you all up to date, and giving me a bit of a springboard to launch into the BIG PROJECT (1st vessel to navigate from Shefford to King's Lynn since 1876, remember?)

Deep Breath! Cutting the bow to take the beam that will support the drop-down nose wheel

Beam in place, with foredeck-supporting fillets glued in
First 5mm layer of foredeck pinned and glued in place (2nd  ditto)
Gunwhale strips glued and clamped in place
Gunwhales and foredeck in place, drop-down nose wheel fitted, out on my drive for planing and sanding...

Back in Frank's garage, dry fitting of fibreglass outer covering (1st of 2 layers)
Inside painted
Fully painted, internal decking slats in place, and drop-down nose wheel in place

No comments:

Post a Comment